Sunday, February 27, 2011

Snip Snip

I cannot believe it has been almost 3 months since my last post. I'll be honest, I just haven't had much time between: work, school and playing with the most beautiful, blonde-hair, blue eyed, mama's boy ever. When every told me that boys love their mamas I often thought, "I'm sure they love their Daddy's just as much." And while I know this is true, Gray definitely wants me over his Daddy whenever I'm around; therefore, I don't have much time to update his blog as often as I would like. Right now, he is currently watching Toy Story (this and The Wiggles are his two favorite movie/shows) while I draft this post.

Just as a side note before I begin to explain this post, the next couple of posts will probably be out of order.

Around Thanksgiving (yes, you read right, Thanksgiving), Gray got his first haircut! At 21 months old he was finally able to get a haircut. I never thought this day would come because, if you remember, Gray was bald for a long period of time.





As you can see, Grayson was ready for a ponytail haircut and needless to say, he received one the day after Thanksgiving. Getting a haircut is nerve racking for me much less an "almost" 2-year-old but I can honestly say that he did a wonderful job.

Since it was a spur-of-the-moment thing, we just went to Cost Cutters in Wal-Mart with the following family members in attendance: Mema (Brandon's grandma), Cathy (my mother-in-law), Terrell (my father-in-law), Rachel, Blain & Abby and of course myself and Gray (unfortunately Daddy had to miss it because he was helping a friend).

I can only imagine what the lady at the salon was thinking when she saw all of us walk up. Hey, it was a milestone we all wanted to see!

Terrell wanted to hold him while he got his 1st haircut and when the hairdresser first started Gray was not very happy. I believe it was more of he didn't know what was going on and was a little scared but after we gave him his paci he sat perfectly still without another peep. He was such a big boy and I was one proud Mama!



The first snip......

When she pulled out the clippers I thought it was going to be the end of the haircut and we would have to deal with a partial mullet but again, he was an angel!


Is this over yet??
Ta da........


Yes, for those that noticed, my child did fall asleep during his haircut...the proof is in the pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment