Monday, February 13, 2012

3rd Birthday Celebration (Part 2)

As stated in the previous post we ended up canceling Gray's 3rd birthday party due to him being sick. Needless to say, it was after we mailed out the below invitation to all our friends and family.

(Sorry, had to fade out our address and telephone number, I don't want any crazies (in case they run across this blog) knowing where we live).

But the next morning you would have thought I lied about him being sick. He was back to being his energetic self. Therefore, we decorated the house and invited the family over.

I still didn't feel comfortable having his friends over especially if it was some type of bug he had but I felt that he should have some type of party....and he had a blast.



Monster trucks and dinosaurs....his two favorite things!


Since we made plans to attend the Monster Jam the day before, I figured it was only appropriate to have a Monster Jam cake.

Side note: Grayson likes to look at all the decorated cakes but the child won't eat it. He won't eat ice cream, won't eat anything with peanut butter (even though he can have it now), most of the time he won't even eat cookies. I'm not sure where he gets this from because I (Jodi) absolutely, positively, love cake. If it wouldn't make me gain weight I would probably eat it all day long (except chocolate cake....not a fan of chocolate. Ok, so I guess he does get his "weird" non-eating habits from me).

He loves his little Kaylee Bug.

Kaylee, Rylee, Abby and Blain (and Gray in the back)

Getting ready to open presents.....

He opened presents and acted like he knew how to read the card...

("oh, mom, why do you have to embarrass me soo...")


Yay! More cars!! I think our house is going to be over-run by cars!! How many cars/monster trucks does a 3 year old need?!
My little love bug!
Aunt Maynay (that would be my sister, Jaime) and Uncle Bobby gave him these glasses and the hat. Loved it!
Another quick side note: when Grayson started talking I just assumed he couldn't pronounce Jaime so he came up with the name Maynay for Jaime.....and has called her that ever since. We aren't going to tell him any different. He may not call her that when he gets older but until then, Maynay it is.


Maynay, Gray and Uncle Bobby!

Below is a random picture that was taken the next day. This is our silly child who always makes us laugh!! I can't believe he is now three!

No comments:

Post a Comment