Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all you Daddy's out there.
Gray had a blast with his daddy today.

We went to church first and, like Mother's Day, they had a photographer there to take pictures of the Dads and their children.

Don't they look so cute?? I'm very lucky to have both of these men in my life!
Along with having the Father/Son picture made, the Sunday message was spectacular. One of the assistant pastors, Steven Allen, handled it this Sunday and it was called Super Dads. It really did bring tears to our eyes, smiles on our faces, and laughter in our hearts. It was a message all moms/dads/grandparents....well, everybody...needed to hear.

After church, my Mom (Maw-Maw to Gray) took us out to Ryans in celebration of Father's Day! We love us some Ryans Steakhouse. We go so often after church that that is the first thing Gray says when we pick him up from Sunday School..."We go eat now?" I swear it is the only place Gray will actually sit and eat, and eat, and eat! Mostly pizza but he will eat some meatloaf, rolls and chips every once in awhile. No veggies! I cannot get him to eat a vegetable. Then of course, he always has room for M&M's in an ice cream cone (Maw Maw started that). But as long as he eats lunch then he definitely can have as many M&M's as his little tummy can handle. I usually regret this decision later.....right about the time he is bouncing of the walls.

When we got home Gray and I wanted to do something special for Daddy so Gray decided he wanted to bake a cake and decorate it.

He absolutely loved baking Dad his cake. Maybe he will be a little baker/cooker like his Dad?!?


Trust me, all I did was break the eggs. He did the rest!! He wanted to do it all by himself.




Below is the end product! I think Gray did a mighty fine job!


Gray was very proud (as was I) of how well he decorated the cake. ;) And he couldn't wait till Daddy ate some.... and he had to eat some right then!! After tasting Gray's great baking, I had to take a picture of the twins! lol



No comments:

Post a Comment