Thursday, July 5, 2012

Biltmore Estates

As mentioned in the previous post, we went to visit Brandon's parents (Nina and Papa T) for the 4th of July and of course Nina had something planned for almost everyday we were up there.

July 5th was the big BILTMORE ESTATES visit. I'm 29 years old and have never been to the Biltmore, not even on a holiday so I was very excited. But I'll be honest, Blain and Abby were the least excited....until we got there and they saw this...


Rachel (my sis-in-law) and me

 
Is it bad that a 13 year old is taller than me?
It was really hard to believe that a family lived in this humongous/gorgeous mansion. I hate cleaning our house, could you imagine cleaning this house? Yes, I know that they have servants who handled all that but still....

We all enjoyed walking through the whole house and looking at all the rooms (my favorite was the library of course) but the kids enjoyed the history behind why the servant quarters were different from the rest of the house. It was a good little history lesson for them.

Eventually we made it out to the side of the house and the gardens....


Gray loves his Bubba

The gardens were absolutely breathtaking but I really didn't expect anything different....



I wish I could make one/have one of these at my house!!






The kids were a little bored with the gardens....whoops

After walking around the gardens and hiking our way back to the car (no lie, we hiked for what seemed liked miles and miles, though I don't know how much it was) we made our way to the winery. The adults got to enjoy sampling the Biltmore wines (and there were a bunch) while the kids got to enjoy grape juice and crackers. After the winery we let the kids go see the farm and with that came the petting zoo. The goat below kept coming up to us and chewing on the strap of the stroller.




The kids really enjoyed the petting zoo but at this point we were all pretty exhausted. Needless to say it was a pretty quiet ride home to the mountain house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment