You were excited about 1st grade and you did so well walking into class....Mama, not so much. I always walk you in on the 1st day and this year was no different. I walked you to your door and you gave me a quick (and I mean quick) hug and said "bye Mom" but I wasn't ready to say bye yet. I watched you walk all the way to your desk where you waved bye to me again. I'm sure your teacher was wondering if I was going to stay the whole day and just watch you. But so many memories past through my mind at that moment....from the day you were born, to you crawling and walking, to saying your first words and now you are in 1st grade and become even smarter than you already are. You make me so proud and I'm so happy that God blessed me to be your Mama.
You attend the afterschool program at your school so I picked you up after work and couldn't wait to hear about your day. You said you had a good/fun day but you were a little upset. I asked you why and you said "because we didn't do any tests." I couldn't help but smirk and I said "you wanted to do tests?" and you said "yeah!" If you only knew that your whole school life will be filled with all kinds of tests. But I'm sure you will surpass anything that is thrown your way. You are so smart for your age and I know you will make good grades in your academic career.
Mama loves you so so much and I'm so proud of you!

No comments:
Post a Comment