This was the 1st year we signed you up for Run Hard, which is a running program suited to help train you on how to breath and run correctly in a race. You weren't very sure about this program even though you love to run and are super competitive. I kept asking you for months if you wanted me to sign you up and you kept saying "No, no mom, no I don't want to do it." Until one day we went down to Abby and Ryan's house and he had a tread mill. You asked if you could get on it and run and Ryan said of course. So you ran, and ran, and ran. Finally Ryan (who is an avid runner, I should've mentioned) looked at me and said "he needs to run." I told him about wanting to sign you up for Run Hard and how you didn't want to do it. Ryan ended up talking to you and ta da ….the next day you asked me to sign you up.
I'm so glad I did because I really do believe running is your thing. You may not believe it or you may not think so but I do think you need to do track (and fishing...haha). Maybe one day we will look back at this post and see how Mama was right. :)
So this morning, November 9, 2019, we had to be in Harbison for your meet. You were able to have a Running Partner and at first I thought you would ask me but nope, you ended up asking Ryan. Which was fine and probably the better choice. I probably wouldn't have even made it a mile much less 3.15. Yikes.
So that morning was super cold and all of us wanted to be there for you....your brother and sister too. We all loaded up and headed to freeze.
All the kids that are in Run Hard at Chapin Intermediate
Ryan said you ran the whole time and he was so proud of you. You pushed yourself so much that you got a little sick once you crossed the finish line but Ryan said that just showed your determination.
You did so good for your first 5K! I probably would've held you back if I was your partner so I'm glad you did this race with Ryan. I hope you keep up running. Whether its a race or track or baseball.....just something with running!
I'm so proud of you and always will be. I love you so much! Mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment