Saturday, December 12, 2009

10 Months Old

My baby is 10 months old today! In 2 short months he will be 1 years old and I have no clue what I'm going to do for his birthday party....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would have loved to have it outside but since it will be in February it will still be cool out. Hopefully we will think of something soon but in the meantime, here is what he is doing now:


  • Still wears size 3 diapers
  • Still can wear 6-9 months clothes but is making his way to 12 months now
  • I have no clue what he weighs but I would have to guess over 20 lbs. My little chunky monkey!
  • Can stand by himself for a short period and by that I mean, maybe 5 seconds. Then he realizes he's not holding on to anything and falls. I'm sure he will get the hang of it soon.
  • Now has 3 words in his vocabulary: Dada, Mama, and Uh-oh!
  • He says the above words alot but he also talks his "baby talk" and that is ALL the time.
  • He has very bad eczema. I don't know if I've ever mentioned this in a post but here I go. Because of the cold weather, it seems to be flaring up alot. I feel so bad for him. He is on steriods (the cream kind) for it but Vaseline seems to work a lot better. His Dr. says that it shouldn't itch like the ecezma adults have but I would beg to differ. He scratches all the time. She also said that he should out grow most of it. I hope that one is true!
  • He now has 5 teeth: 2 bottom teeth, 1 front tooth, and 2 fangs...lol
  • His favorite "people" food would have to be: cinnamon rolls, tomato soup and grilled cheese, and pimento cheese (who would have thought, right?)
  • Loves 1 particular pipe (this is our word for paci). We actually lost it the other day and tried to give him a different one and he wanted nothing to do with that. You would not believe where we found it.....in my shoe! The little booger put it in my boot. Too bad he couldn't tell us where it was.
  • He can't sit still ... ever...; therefore, taking picures are becoming very HARD! Any suggestions? Or is it just going to get worse?
  • Loves to play Patty-Cake and Riding on a Donkey! He just laughs and laughs and laughs!


    • 10 Month pictures below:



      Gray and Daddy! I think this picture is so cute!




      Gray's 1st present from Santa!

      2 comments:

      1. He really will outgrow the eczema! Gracie had it bad and now Jack has it too. Not fun while you're in the middle of it, but I promise it does get better :o) Oddly enough, Cetaphil face moisturizer also really helps.

        ReplyDelete
      2. Thanks Kelli. I actually took him to the Dr. yesterday because it was so bad and he wouldn't stop scratching and she mentioned the Cetaphil. She said to bathe him in the Cetaphil wash along with applying Cetaphil lotion all day and use Vaseline at night. She also said to give him 1/2 tsp of Benadryl 2 times a day until he stops trying to scratch his skin off. Poor baby. He just looks and acts so miserable.

        ReplyDelete