Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gray's 1st Snow

What a marvelous birthday Gray had! Not only did he turn "The Big 1" BUT it snowed on his birthday! I still can't believe how much snow we received. First it went from a "dusting" then it went to "1-3 inches" then to "3-6 inches" and none of that was right....we got almost 9 inches at our house. When the snow first started coming down, we were on our way home from Publix (had to pick up his birthday cake...you will see it in the next post) and he just stared and pointed out the window like, "what is that stuff?" I figured him being so interested in it he would definitely love playing in it...boy, was I more wrong. He absolutely hated it blowing in his face and he definitely did not like sitting in it. If he was a little older he may have enjoyed it but until then, I can say..."son, it snowed on your 1st birthday and I have pictures to prove it." lol



This is when it first started snowing...


This is just a couple of hours later. Yes, our poor cat is outside. She can't come in because we think Gray is allergic to cats (he would get that from his Aunt Jaime..hehe). Usually Kitty (yes that is her name) is in the shed but I guess she decided she wanted to see what the white stuff was all about too.


Us in the snow...



Went inside...wanted to be outside...went outside...wanted to be inside. And they say women are wishy-washy?!? LOL


Snowing at night...it was so beautiful


Abby and Gray after playing in the snow.


What it looked like in the morning!





What our roads looked like in the morning. I really thought they were going to be worst then what they were.


My baby boy and I the next morning. Check out his mittens! He definitely did not like them! Santa actually put them in his stocking at Christmas thinking that he would use them in NC but who knew he would actually use them here in SC first!


He did not enjoy sitting in the snow!






The snowman that my brother-in-law, Jeff, made!

1 comment:

  1. I just love the pictures of Gray in his first snow!! I can't wait to see all of you again.I like that song too by Mark Shultz. Candice saw him in concert.

    ReplyDelete