Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Baby Boy is 1

After all the snow that fell the day before (on his actual birthday), we were up in the air about whether we would be able to still have his birthday party...at Chuck E Cheese. I started calling them at 9:30 a.m. to see if they were even going to be open...no answer. Tried again at 10:00 a.m., no answer and again at 10:30 a.m., no answer. Man, was I getting very discouraged. I was getting upset because I wanted my boy to have his 1st ever birthday party and because of the snow (that I was so excited came on his birthday) we weren't sure if the party was possible. Finally, at 10:45 a.m. I got a hold of someone at Chuck-E-Cheese and they confirmed that the party was still on. I went into overdrive! I was so excited. I couldn't wait to see how he liked it. Needless to say, he loved it but the adults didn't...especially me! It was nothing but rush, rush, rush! Poor baby didn't even get to open his presents. Mama will have to do better next time. No more birthday parties at Chuck-E-Cheese.

Here is the invitation that Jessica Ryan made for his 1st birthday.


Isn't it cute? A very memorable keepsake! Thanks Jess...again!
Here is Gray's first birthday cake! And let me tell you we had a problem with Publix on this cake. The name of this cake is caterpillar so when I went to go pick it up I said, I'm here to pick up the Caterpillar cake for Wiles. So the lady walks off and brings back....caterpillar TRACTORS! What??! I said, "No, it's supposed to be caterpillar as in Baby Einstein." She then apologized and said to give her 15 minutes. 15 mintues?? That's it?! And they make you order your cake a week or so in advance. But needless to say, we got it squared away and he got the birthday cake he was supposed to have along with his "smash cake."

Daddy and Gray....it's kind of scary how much they look alike!

My family!

Gray's girlfriend, Addison. They love each other....see her shirt....it says "I love Grayson." So sweet!

Riding with Chucky...he wasn't too sure about it.

Liking it a little more now...


Watching Chucky and his gang sing....he loved it!


Daddy and Gray riding the "multi-colored truck" Gray didn't want to get on by himself so Daddy rode it with him. Too funny!


Diggin' into his cake! Poor thing must have been allergic to the dye because he started breaking out afterwards. Luckily the Wal-Mart was around the corner so Nina ran in and got him some benadryl. My boy and his allergies! Can't wait till he turns 18 months so he can get his allergy test done.
But HE LOVED IT!!





I still can't believe my baby is 1. This has been the most amazing year!

1 comment: