As the title has implied, Gray celebrated his 2nd birthday on February 12th 2011, yes you read that right, February....and it is now July! I'm so far behind on blogging!! But it is so hard to get anything done with a very energetic, playful, adorable (insert many adjectives here), 2-year-old! No lie, my child is always on the go! There is never a dull moment in the Wiles household. Between Gray and Brandon, I am always laughing. It is like comedy central 24/7. Most kids hate it when you laugh at them (with them, because of them, etc.) but Gray is the total opposite. He already loves to make people laugh and I honestly don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I guess I should go ahead and prepare myself that he will probably be the class clown in school (which would be another characteristic he gets from his Daddy) along with being talkative. I couldn't wait for him to start talking and now he doesn't know when to stop! I asked him the other day if he would stop talking for a minute so I could tell Daddy something and he looked at me and said "No Mommy" and kept talking. And if you don't look at him while he is talking he will come and grab your face and make you! He's a trip.
Well, anyway, February 12th was his 2nd birthday and, at that time, he was all into Elmo (now its Dino Dan, Toy Story [still], Go Diego Go, etc.) So as you may have guessed, Elmo was the theme and I, of all people, decided that I was going to bake his Elmo cake! For those of you that don't know me very well ... I don't cook, I don't bake, I don't do much of anything in the kitchen except clean it. My hubby is the cooker, the baker, the griller, anything you want done to your food, he knows how. Needless to say when I told him I was going to bake Gray's cake ... he laughed. So the pressure was on! The cake took 3-4 hours (cooking, cooling, and decorating)!!!! But at the end of that, I was very proud of myself (and my sis-in-law, Rachel Wiles for helping). Now I know how cake decorators feel and I applaude them!
And now, I do believe,my husband can stop saying "She can't even boil water!"
We decided to have his party at the house this year but we were a little nervous because on his 1st birthday we received 9" of snow (see Gray's 1st Snow here) and we didn't know if it was going to happen again! This year we were able to play outside in short-sleeve shirts. I have a feeling that every birthday I'm going to be a little anxious not knowing what the weather is going to be like. I guess you never really know but there is a big difference between snow and "spring" weather.

It's been 5 months since his 2nd birthday and I still can't believe my baby boy is TWO! Time is just going by way too fast!
As a side note:
Gray loves him some Addison....




No comments:
Post a Comment