Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earthquake/Tremors 2011

August 23rd: So this may be one of those boring posts but I had to mention it for the sake of documentation for Gray when he gets older. You guys may think that he may never read this blog but I beg to differ. I'm in the process of having this blog printed using Blog2Print. When I found this website I thought it was the coolest thing and it is one way for Gray to read stories about him when he was younger (because I know I won't remember everything in the years to come, even though I would like to think so).

As we all know, there was a earthquake yesterday in Virginia which sent tremors all the way South to South Carolina and all the North to Canada. I was sitting in my office, typing away, when shortly before 2:00 p.m., my chair started rocking back and forth. If anyone else was in my office with me they probably would have thought I was shaking my leg or something but I wasn't. I stopped typing and thought to myself "Am I losing my mind?" but when it kept doing it I thought "This must be a dizzy spell or something?" Finally about 10-15 seconds later it stopped and then I definitely thought I was going crazy especially after talking to one of my co-workers and she said she didn't feel anything. Apparently though, everyone else in my office felt it.... along with many people up and down the East Coast (thanks to my Facebook feed I was able to find this out fairly quickly). Then about 5 minutes later, Fox News published the story about the 5.8 Earthquake that hit Virginia. It is crazy to me that we felt the tremors of the earthquake here in Lexington/Columbia when it happened so many miles away on the outskirts of Richmond, Virginia.

I just wanted to document this event because Gray isn't old enough to remember this day on his own. Now he will know that when he was 2 1/2 years old he experienced his 1st earthquake/tremor.

No comments:

Post a Comment