Thursday, December 1, 2011

Giving Thanks

for everything God has given me. I am so blessed beyond my wildest dreams. I have family and friends who are alway there for me, a husband who loves me unconditionally and who would do anything for me....who gets me more than anyone, stepchildren who were brought into my life for me to grow and for me to show them guidance and wisdom, and a son who is the most perfect little boy and the most undeserving gift from God. And let's not forget God himself as none of this would have been possible without him. I'll be honest, there are days where I think to myself "I'm going crazy!" or "I just need a little break from all the chaos" but I wouldn't change anything about my life (well besides some mistakes that were made but everyone makes mistakes and we have to move on from them). I've noticed though some people only give thanks on Thankgiving when we should be giving thanks everyday! You never know when your life will be cut short so we should all live our life like there is no tomorrow.

While this post was started around Thanksgiving and was supposed to be about our Thanksgiving (it is now January 2, 2012), I would like to post this link that breaks my heart and is something that will show people that tomorrow is not a promise. This horrible, unthinkable accident happened yesterday, on New Years Day. This particular family was on their way to church, the church my family attends when their life was forever changed. When you read this please pray for this family as they are mourning the loss of their 6 year old daughter and it is said that 3 of their other children are in ICU. Pray that God will give them the strength and courage to get thru this and for them to remember that God is wrapping his loving arms around them. Think about your family as this could have happened to anyone. Pray that people who decide to drink will remember this before deciding to get behind the wheel and drive. Pray for the guy, who is 26 years old, and is now being charged with felony DUI and will probably spend his life in prison. Your life can change in an instant so we need to be thankful every single day, not just on Thanksgiving.

With that in mind, I'll jump back to our Thanksgiving and say thanks for all the pictures Aunt Renee takes of Brandon and I's children. :)

We had another random photo shoot on Thanksgiving. Brandon's Aunt Renee is a photographer and owns Life is a Journey Photography, and very talented I may add. We know when we go to Elloree we will be taking pictures! You can never have too many pictures of your children! :)






He looks sweet and innocent doesn't he?! 

I will be forever thankful of the gift God gave me of becoming a Mom....no matter how crazy he can drive me sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment