The day my little 7 lbs 14 oz baby turned into a 40 lb kindergartner! Since the day he was born, everyone told me that the time would fly by and it has. I cannot believe I now have a son who is going to big school! I think that's what gets me the most....big school.
The first day went really well....for him. He was very excited to go but wasn't very excited about all the pictures I wanted to take.
After taking pictures outside Brandon and I walked him to his class where he gave both Brandon and I a hug and a kiss, said bye, and walked right on in.
Here he is with his kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Bush.
Once he was situated inside his classroom and I was out of his sight, I busted out crying. And I mean literally boo-hooing. The Assistant Principal, Mr. Dukes, even stopped me and asked if I was okay and that he would be okay. I wanted to tell him I wasn't worried about that at all....he was already okay....I'm the one who couldn't believe my baby....my little boy....was now a kindergartner. He was now attending big school.
There are so many worries that I have....will he do okay in the cafeteria lunch line? Will he make friends? Will he bullied? Will he like his teacher? Will his teacher like him?
Guess that goes with the territory of becoming a Mom. Things I used to never worry about I now do.
The only thing for me to do is pray. Pray that God will give me and Gray the comfort that we need during the hard times, pray that Gray knows he can always talk to God whether at school or at home, and I pray that I will be the best mom I can be to him.







No comments:
Post a Comment