My little man started daycare last week and it was probably the hardest week of my life. I cried everytime I dropped him off. And I would call the daycare 2-3 times a day to check on him.
Then on Friday, April 3, 2009, I pulled him from his 1st daycare. I'm not going to say the name because I'm not sure if some people that read this blog go there but needless to say, Gray was not going back. Everytime I went to pick him up he was in his crib (which I can't stand because I want him to know thats where he sleeps, not plays) and then one time I went and he was in his car seat in his crib. When I asked the teacher why, she stated, "He doesn't get much floor time because we have crawlers and walkers in here." Sorry, but that's just not going to cut it. Then, on top of that, the very next day I had to drop him off in the Toddler Room with 4 Toddlers and 3 Infants and only 1 teacher....well, that was the final straw. I withdrew him that day. Many of you are probably wondering where he goes now and he goes to Calvary Christian Day Care which is down from Ben Satcher in Lexington. While he has only been there for 2 days, I can honestly say I've had no complaints. The teachers there are wonderful and really nice. And the first time I dropped him I felt at peace (granted I still cried but that was because I just hate being away from him) :) Then when I went and picked him up, he was on the floor playing with 2 friends and just a smiling. That's when you know that he is very content and that is what a Mama wants (to know her child is happy and well taken care of). So, if any of y'all are looking for a daycare, I would suggest Calvary Christian!
No comments:
Post a Comment