Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Weekly Occurrence

So I am assumming that you are wondering what this weekly occurrence is. Whether it is a good or bad thing, whether it makes Mommy & Daddy happy or sad... well, the time has come to tell you that this "weekly occurrence" is not good and I wish we could atleast go 2 weeks without it occuring. What I am speaking of is ....illnesses and/or Doctor's appointments. My poor little man just can't catch a break! Two weeks ago it was a virus which lasted a couple of days but overall he was in a splendid mood, last week (Mommy assummed) it was a cold and this week.....strep throat. Not only strep throat though, he is back on a steriod and breathing treatments for a week for his breathing. If you would have asked Daddy or I about his breathing at 4 a.m. Saturday morning (which is when I had to get up and give him a treatment) we would have told you that it was an asthma attack. Poor thing could not catch his breath! Of course I tried to keep calm but deep down I was frantic and fortunately the treatment helped. I am hoping that it is the change in the weather and not his asthma starting to flare up again. We haven't had a problem with his breathing since he was 12 months old (he is now 20 months, as of yesterday --- different post). We thought we were getting lucky and he didn't have asthma after all but apparantly he does and like all asthma sufferers know, it can flare up at any moment and not just when they are around allergic triggers. I know that all these illnesses will eventually build his immunity and most likely he will hardly ever be sick when he gets older but I would love to go atleast a whole week without my poor baby being sick. He is so pitiful and it absolutely breaks my heart. But until the day where him being sick is far and few between, I will take each day a step and at a time and help him get over his current ailment.

No comments:

Post a Comment