Monday, December 17, 2012

Chocolate House Makin'

Yes, you read right...we made a chocolate house. Ok, so let me rephrase that....we tried to make a chocolate house. And here I go....

I wanted to get a gingerbread house for Gray to make but they were all out at Wal-Mart (except for a Hello Kitty one and I wasn't getting that one for Gray) so I decided to get the chocolate house. Never did I expect that it would be an EPIC FAIL!

It started out really good and Gray was really excited...


As you can tell, he was ready to get started so we melted the chocolate....



and poured the melted chocolate to make the sides/roof of the house. Of course we had to wait about 30 minutes to make sure the chocolate was nice and firm but after that the fun began.

I put the house together (with more melted chocolate as the directions stated) ....


and got this. I know it's not the best looking house but hey, it would do the job.


and then he decorated....



As the decorating progressed we ended up having some problems. The white chocolate, in the bottle above, kept firming real quickly and wouldn't come out so I kept having to re-heat in the microwave. Talk about aggravating!


But Gray was still having fun decorating his chocolate house when all of a sudden...



the house collapsed. Poor Gray thought he broke the house. He kept saying "Mommy, I broke it. I'm sorry I broke it." But it definitely wasn't his fault. This chocolate house makin' project was a lot harder than I imagined but we definitely made some great memories doing it.


Next year we will try the gingerbread house and see how that works out for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment