So needless to say when Gray mentioned soccer I said "sure, whatever you want to play is fine with me." Because of this we (Gray and I) found out that he is really good at soccer and enjoys it also. I was pleasantly surprised at how well he caught on to the sport, when he's never played it before. His coach even said she couldn't believe how good he was.
Here he is at his first practice.
Trying out the goalie position.
He had a few practices before his very first game....but unfortunately his Dad decided that it wasn't important to take him so he ended up missing it.
With that being said, he had to wait another week before playing in his very first soccer game and he was pumped.
He made 4 goals (the only person to make any goals on the team) at his game AND he played the whole time. After the game his coach told him he was a "beast" on the field. I'm pretty sure Gray didn't really know what that meant but he knew it had to be good because she gave him a high five.
I'm very proud of Gray in everything he does! And I'm also proud of the athletic person he is and how he has a love for sports.




No comments:
Post a Comment