Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cerclage Removal

I had the cerclage "removed" today (37 weeks 5 days pregnant). The process was a little painful like the Dr. had mentioned last time. First off, Gray is so low in my pelvic area it took awhile for Dr. Hutch to even find the stitch because my cervix is thinning. Well, he finally found it but he could only cut one side of the stitch. He tried to pull it out but it was getting a little unbearable and it started bleeding so he just decided to leave it. He said once I go into labor he will pull it out while I'm under the epidural. But since it is cut my cervix is free to dilate without tearing. Now we are just waiting on Gray to decide when he wants to make his appearance. His dad and I had a talk with him this morning but it seems that he is already ignoring us. :) The good thing is, if for some reason labor doesn't start by the end of next week then I will be induced. So technically I only have a maximum of a week and half left, so that's not too bad...I don't guess. We are just ready to meet our little man!

Stats as of today: 1 cm dilated, 70 - 80% effaced, heartbeat of 157 bpm, uterus measuring 38 weeks (so right on target)

No comments:

Post a Comment