On February 12, 2009, I was induced at Palmetto Health Baptist. I arrived at the hospital at 6:15 a.m. being 1-2 cm dialated, 80% effaced, and having Braxton Hicks contractions every 2 minutes. At 7:30 a.m. they started the pitocin drip to start the real contractions and broke my water. I really didn't get a chance to feel the "real" contractions because Dr. Hutch decided to go ahead and give me an epidural along with a spinal block, so he could finally take out the cerclage. After that, I did not progress nearly as fast enough for Dr. Hutch. At 1 p.m., I was 5 cm dialated and I stayed that way until 5:30 p.m. This was when Dr. Hutch and I had to discuss possibly having a C-section. Well, Dr. Hutch had to go to a meeting at 6:30 and he said he would be back around 8:00 p.m. to see where we stood. Needless to say, when he returned, I was at 9 cm and 100% effaced and having so much pressure. At 9:00 p.m. I started pushing and Grayson arrived at 10:19 p.m. on February 12, 2009 and weighing in at 7 pounds 14 ounces. Labor is an experience you will never forget but every minute is worth it when you see your baby for the first time. Gray did not come out screaming like most babies and I was "freaking" out. The nurses told me he was fine he was just.....sleeping. Can you believe that? During all the commotion, Gray was sleeping. :) So the nurses had to flick his feet to get him to wake up and wail and of course once he started that, Brandon and I started crying. Thursday was a long day but the best day ever. Our life has changed completely but definitely for the better. Gray is loved by so many people. He is going to be so spoiled.

His first bath. He wasn't too happy.

Now he decided to like his bath. He's so precious.

So tired after a long day.

Loves his paci already!
I was there for Grayson's arrival. He took a long time to get here....no wonder he was sleeping when he came out...lol! He was so sweet watching him through the nursery window screaming as he got his feet stamped. His little chin would quiver everytime he let out a wail. I noticed how long his fingers were and immediately thought "music scholarship" or perhaps a football scholarship to grasp that football and run. He is a beautiful little boy and I am so proud of my new great nephew. I went to work the next day and showed off all the pictures my daughter Candice and I took.
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are great, Jodi! He is precious! Congratulations--hope you are getting some sleep :)
ReplyDeleteJodi he is absolutely precious!! Hope you are doing well!!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone. I believe he is already getting spoiled! :)
ReplyDelete