Saturday, May 5, 2012

1st lake day of 2012!

It amazes me that it is already hot enough to go swimming in Lake Murray, at the beginning of May. I believe this has to be the most unseasonably warm year yet but who's complaining. This is the time of year I love. Now I'll be honest, I don't like it when the temperature reaches 100+ degrees and its just too hot to do anything EVEN enjoy the lake. When the temperature gets that high the lake feels like bath water. Why would I want to spend money going to the lake when I get the same thing in my tub at home? You know?

Well, anyway, Gray and I went with Maynay, Bobby and all the kids to the lake for a little fun in the sun. Unfortunately, Daddy was out of town on a bowfishing tournament so he wasn't able to join but we all wish he could have been there. We had a blast!

On the way to the lake. Gray loves some Rylee and Kaylee. And how cute is this picture?

Grayson was so excited to go swimming at the lake.

Uncle Bobby let him drive the boat to where we were going and he really enjoyed that!

Then when we get to Big Sandy, he jumps out and is ready to get in the water. I'll be honest, the water was still pretty chilly to me, but obviously not so much to the kids. They started swimming and playing right away!!


We ended up seeing Meagan, Ryan, Avery (above), and Conner Coyle out there which was good because the boys got to play together. We also saw Heather, Brandon and Jewel Stockman!

We ended up playing on the lake for awhile (probably 4-5 hours) and then headed back to the house so we could start the fish fry! Which was delicious!

Gray and his Maynay waiting on the fried fish!

After eating, we made the trek home with a very tired bunch....

No comments:

Post a Comment