A couple of days before Mother's Day Brandon surprised me with American Idol Live! concert tickets. Yes, I am a big American Idol fan; however, I've never been to a concert. I wanted to go to the concert the year Chris Daughtry was on AI but of course Brandon didn't want to go and I wasn't going without him. This year though he seemed to like pretty much the whole top 10 so he decided he would surprise me with tickets and a getaway to North Charleston for a long weekend in August. The tickets are bought and the room is booked! Now I just have to wait patiently for August. With the way this year has been flying by I'm sure it will be here before I know it. And to top off the getaway.....the Tanger Outlets are 4 miles from our hotel and right across from the N. Charleston Coliseum. I hear some shopping calling my name!
Then I picked up Gray from school on Friday and he made me these.....
I think hand-made crafts are better than any store bought presents. These are the little things I can look back on when Gray is teenager and remind myself that he once was so little and sweet.
On Sunday (Mother's Day) we went to church. Pastor Rocky at Northside Baptist Church is currently doing a series on the 10 commandments and we were currently at Honor Thy Father and Mother. How convenient huh? Oh, how I wish Gray was old enough to listen and understand that message. Gray may be 3-years-old but he acts more like a teenager already. Heck I was sent to the "principals office" at his school already because of his behavior. Now now, pick your mouth up off the floor....it wasn't as bad as you might thing. She just wanted me to be aware that he is having a hard time listening (typical 3 year old), talks back (typical 3 year old), wants to do things his way (typical 3 year old). Even though all these were typical 3 year old behaviors, I still want him to know that it is not going to be tolerated and that if he is misbehaving at school then he still suffers the consequences at home also. Therefore, when we got home that day he went straight to time out. Let me tell you, time out usually doesn't work with him but I guess going straight to timeout right when he got home from school...worked like magic. Yes, he cried and cried and cried and I felt like I was going to cry and cry and cry BUT his behavior at school is improving. I drop him off now and I ask "if you misbehave at school today whats going to happen?" and he said "I'll get in timeout when I get home and I don't like that."
Anyway, why do I always seem to get off the subject of the post?.....
We get to church and Ericka (head of the children's ministry) stopped me as I was about to walk Gray to his class to let me know that they were taking pictures outside for Mother's Day. What a wonderful surprise this was.... but if only I would have worn something colorful. Oh well. Atleast Gray and I got a picture together.
After church we went to Nana's and Papa's house to spend some time with them and do some swimming. Unfortunately the weather was not cooperating for the swimming part but that didn't stop Grayson.
| All the girls L-R: Cousin Candice, Aunt Tammie, Nana, Maynay, Mommy, Maw-Maw, and Rylee |
So as you can tell I was very spoiled this year but the thing I liked best was just spending time with my men and my family.
![]() |
| Gray's big kiss! |





No comments:
Post a Comment