My original plans were to really deep clean the house. Yes, I know, those are very boring plans for the weekend but Brandon was out of town and lets face it, I seem to get a lot of cleaning done when he's not there. Wink Wink.
But then I started thinking that wasn't very fun for a 3-year-old so we called MawMaw up and asked her if she wanted to join us for a day at the zoo and of course she did!
On the way to the zoo we decided that we better eat lunch before we got there because the zoo prices on food/drinks/snacks/gifts are just ridiculous! So we ended up stopping at Zaxby's since this is one of the few places Gray will actually sit and eat. He loves their "Kiddy Cheese" meal.
Finally we got to the zoo and had an absolute blast!! Gray was old enough to really enjoy it this time around! I'm sure he enjoyed it when he was younger too but this time he knew what all the animals were and could tell us what he wanted to see next.

I couldn't believe how close we were able to get to the Kangaroos! I'm not sure how new this part of the zoo is but it was definitely new to us and we really enjoyed getting that close to these animals.
We stayed at the giraffes for awhile. He really enjoyed watching them walk around and eat the leaves from the trees. We really wanted to feed them ourselves but apparently you have to get there before the crowd as all the food (they sale) was gone. But we still enjoyed just watching and of course taking pictures!
Next came the big fat gigantic elephants! His expression explains it all...
In the middle picture of the collage above, we were in the birdhouse. Again we wanted to feed the lorrikeets but apparently "they weren't eating anymore because they were fed all morning by other individuals." But I guess I should have been appreciative of this information! She could have let us waste our $2.00 to buy the nectar.
We were really happy that Maw Maw came along for the ride and explored the zoo with us.
We also saw...
After seeing ALL the animals and finally feeding ONE animal....we let Gray do what he loves to do.
Ride the carousel....
Judging by this picture, I think I was having more fun than Gray! lol!!










I had such a great time at the zoo with my sweet little Gray man and his beautiful mommy :) It was so exciting to watch his face light up looking at all the animals. I got more pleasure watching his expressions!! We will have to do it again soon!!!
ReplyDelete